The privacy of your personal information is important to Presenter Academy Ltd (herein referred to as Presenter Academy) and we will ensure that it is held, used and disclosed consistently with the 1998 Data Protection Act (“Act”).
The following is an outline of certain matters relating to the collection, use and disclosure by Presenter Academy of your personal information. Subject always to the provisions of the Act and to the extent it applies:
Presenter Academy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 March 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including phone number and email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Is your personal information secure?
Your personal information is secure and we will use up-to-date techniques and processes, which meet current industry standards, to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The only people who are allowed to handle or have access to your personal information are those employees of contractors to Presenter Academy. Only authorized Presenter Academy personnel may amend your personal information at any time. All SwissPlus ID employees and contractors are bound both by the Presenter Academy Code of Conduct and by confidentiality clauses in their employment agreements to not misuse personal information. Those who deal with Presenter Academy and provide goods and perform services on our behalf are also bound by privacy and confidentiality agreements.
Is WebOnline secure?
The security of your personal information when accessing Presenter Academy’s WebOnline service will require you to take specific measures to protect against unauthorized access. These include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring your username and password details are kept secure;
• Only providing authorized personnel with access information;
• Destroying any documentation we provide that may contain your log-in details;
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing the Presenter Academy WebOnline administrator at email@example.com
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Presenter Academy Ltd., Pinewood Studio, Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, Bucks, SL0 0NH, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.